Home run for Life
May 6, 2023
Learn more or sign up your team below!
Please Note: By giving us your information, you are agreeing to receiving event emails and/ or text messages.
With Home Run for Life, each participant is encouraged to join a team or form their own team of 9 (or more) players. Each participant is asked to seek “sponsors” for their team, or for individuals. For every $100 raised, your team earns one HOME RUN!
At the Home Run for Life Event, each team will play 2 innings of a slow pitch softball game. The team with the most runs (either earned by fundraising or by scoring a run during their two-inning game) will be the “Home Run for Life” Champions!
Participants don’t actually have to play the game, Pinch Players can play the actual game in your place (like your child, grandchild or a neighbor’s kid)!
Spectators are welcome to cheer on their favorite team or players! We will be serving Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and of course peanuts and popcorn. Bring your blanket or lawn chair for a front row seat! There is no cost to attend.
We will also be selling tickets to win a new 60 inch Hi-definition TV! Tickets are $20 each, available at the game.
Players can also sign up to compete in the HOMERUN DERBY to be played after the games. Entry fee for the Derby is $30 for 6 pitches ($2 for each additional), and the grand prize is 50% of total entries. It’s a 50/50 opportunity.
- Each team must have at least 9 players.
- Each team will have two “at bats”.
- Each player receives two pitches at bat—there are no strikes.
- Players can be tagged out at base or if a fly ball is caught. However, 3 outs do not end the inning. Each team has 5 minutes to get as many runs as possible.
- No sliding allowed!
- Pinch hitters or runners are allowed for any participant who has raised money for their team.
- Each team will play two innings, max time per inning is 10 minutes.
- Team with most runs wins!
Get Our Newsletter
Want to receive updates on the Bakersfield Pregnancy Center? Sign up for our newsletter and get updates throughout the year, as well as ways to be a part.